Thursday, April 16, 2009

In a NuTsHeLl


Thanks for the love, support, and advise! Seriously I was glad to hear everyone's opion.
Here are some of the SNACKING and other great ideas in a nutshell.

  1. Eat SuGaR free gum - I really like this one and I've used it several times, it really does curve my craving when I'm craving Flaming Hot Cheetos, donuts, Pepsi, Jolly Rancher Jelly Beans, Chocolate.... etc... I have problems.
  2. Don't waste calories on "empty calories" See AbOvE!!!
  3. Meghan loves this work out (I'm assuming video) P90X I'm going to have to look into it, I've actually heard people talking about this.
  4. South Beach diet, I was actually at the store last night waiting at the Pharmacy and I saw some of the different health bars they offer and they look good. I need to try them, I bet they'd help when I'm craving a snickers.
  5. Celery with low fat cream cheese. I think this is going to be one of my favorites, I LoVe cream cheese and I'll put it on anything. Celery really? That's gotta have ZeRo calories so more cream cheese for me!
  6. String cheese, do it all the time, but on a multi grain cracker? Now we're talking!
  7. Fruit, obviously LoVe it.
  8. Sugar free candy.... um.... really...? Sugar free Icecream....? I DO NOT THINK SO!!! Sometimes when I see it I think "well for crying out loud if I'm going to eat candy I'm going to eat the REAL stuff". BUT, I've promised myself I'm going to try it. I'll let you know.
  9. Ok this one's my FaVoRiTe. The HCG shot, McCall said this one's expensive but I want to try it. I'll just have to go from using 2 forms of birth control to 3. (Half kidding, all in good time mom, all in good time)
  10. Portion sizes. Ok this is HuGe and I totally agree with you Samantha. I don't know if you've ever heard my mom say this but she always said that grandma Cooper cut her portions in half and it always helped her stay small. One problem I have with this is that I start feeling bad for wasting food. Solution.... LEFTOVERS! Save it for lunch the next day or get a doggy bag.
  11. Another great one from Samantha: Stop eating when you're full, easy enough right? Well it's not easy, and I don't know why..... I don't even have anything else to add to that.
  12. Snack on peanuts and chocolate chips. Love this one! Trail mix right? But then I quickly need to refer to number 11.....
  13. I like this one from Brooke too. Eat well 80% of the time and eat what you want 20% of the time. I agree, sometimes I get in the mode of NEVER eating anything I consider "bad" for me like such as... carbs, candy, junk food, fast food, basically nothing good.. but then I get just get FeD uP! And I totally BaCkLaSh and I just go crazy and start eating everything in sight. I could be full as ever but I'll still just shove everything in my face. I think if I really took eating well 80% of the time and treating myself to other things 20% of the seriously I would see a difference. Everything in moderation...... everything in moderation.

So there I have it... everything I need to be healthy and feel good. Now putting it all into good use, we shall see!

7 comments:

thebarrusfamily said...

I've been out of the blogging world for a couple weeks but those ideas all sound fabulous.

I'm not the best at eating healthy but I've found that when I am doing well, I eat all three meals and for dinner I don't count calories. I make something that I really like then don't eat too much of it. Just eat until I'm satisfied. I try not to make it a game and try to not think too much about the calories and how many I've burned that day.

I also love to snack but I've found that when I have snacked all day I don't really want dinner and then when everyone else is having a yummy treat while watching TV I either feel too sick to eat it or it just doesn't sound good. Whereas if I would have not snacked all day, I would have loved to join in on the fun and had a snack with them. So... I realize that I like to have a simple snack after dinner more than snack all day. If only I could remember that around 4 pm. My friend has dinner at 4 to help with that. That's a good idea if you can make it work.

Anyway, just some of my thoughts. I wish it was easy but it's not. Why can't we all be like Jason and be skinny without trying???

I know this is a really long post. As you can see I've got some major issues.

McCall said...

Neil bought P90X last year I think, I'm not crazy about it. Neil likes it though, it makes him very sore. I think it's boring, personally.

Kent, Krista and Family said...

I love reading you're posts. You totally make my day!

I have never heard of getting the shot. If it tricks your body into thinking you are pregnant I would hope it doesn't have the same effect as being pregnant...yeno?! Pregnant women tend to eat more...having been there now three times.

My aunt purchases P90X and she has LOVED it. She told me she lost about 13 pounds in about three weeks I think it was. She said it totally kills her every time she does it but LOVES it.

As for the fat free/sugar free ice cream....I was totally and completely against all of it. One of our friends was diagnosed with diabetes so he had to completely change his diet. He introduced us to Mousse Tracks...Yes it is ice cream and it's super healthy...apparently. When I tried it I LOVED it.

Good luck! (not that you really need it).

Shanda said...

You are so funny! I put on 20 pounds too from high school and am finally getting it off. It sucked my butt. I have only 2 pounds to lose and then I am back down to high school weight. I found that my BC was totally causing me to gain the weight. Maybe it was just me, but when I got off of it I was able to lose the weight and keep it off. I have become obsessed with weighing myself though. It is weird how that happens. You should try eating the low cal Pringles. They have honestly been a life saver for me! Really! And they taste great. Well only the SC and Onion ones. I don't know try it out.

Oh and don't worry the easter picts are coming! Geeze! :)

Brooke and Justin said...

Sooooo, what's your plan while we're in Vegas? Cus, I'm just planning on eating whatever you eat, since you have it all figured out now.

BWhitesides said...

....What has worked for me is excercising late at night....in bed....with Jamie :)

B-rad

Brett and Ciara said...

Hey Michelle! I saw your blog through Brit's, hope you don't mind. But I'm in the same boat as you. Especially now that I'm trying to lose the baby weight I gained! It stinks. But I found this website eatbetteramerica.com and it's awesome they have some sweet recipes to make that are easy and ideas for snacking! I love snacking. And I'm just trying to drink more water and get into drinking some herbal tea, they say the herbal tea helps you so much and makes your skin better and helps you get rid of water retention weight. You should check it out. Oh and if you are feeling like a treat but want a good healthy one. Try out Red Mango, it is delicious and it is 100% frozen yogurt.
Oh and going to the track with Brett has helped. Having a workout buddy is always better. Love your blog!