Monday, April 13, 2009

Calories Calories CALORIES!



So, as I've hit my old age come to find out I can't just loose 5 pounds in a week just whenever I decide I want to.... Unfortunatly those 5 pounds have now turned into.... like 15ish.... plus like maybe 5...
(Ok that was really hard for me to say)

I've found myself counting calories along with every little thing I eat and I'm driving myself CRAZY!

I workout maybe 4 times a week (which includes walking Carlos so not really much of a workout but I'm trying to make myself feel better.) And even though I'm putting some kind of effort with the working out we all know that it's really all about what you eat. I mean there are all these "helpful hints"; you're suppose to burn 1000 more calories a day than you consume (hello that's hard!) what you eat is 90% of losing weight or is it 80%... or is it 70%? eat protein, don't eat after 7 eat a good breakfast (that's the only thing I do well) blah blah BLAH!

Really all I want is to eat healthy, workout and be happy with my weight. I have the personality to go a little overboard, I'm either extremely concerned about what I eat and how much I workout and so forth or I really just couldn't give a darn.

SOOOOOOOO.......

Help me!
Tell me your secrets. I want to know what you snack on when you're craving something sweet or something salty or another one of the "untouchables". I've been doing all the veggies and stuff but I'm over it, and I'm sorry but I'm a snacker.

Another thing I struggle with is making a healthy dinner. I mean the grilled chicken, cottage cheese and green beans is getting old! I really just need to go through the cook book and find things that sound de-lish, but I'd really like to know what other people fix for dinner and what you snack on. And really I couldn't be more sick of salads... they just don't fill me up.

I realize that there should be moderation in everything blah blah blah just help me.

So there you have it. This is my struggle!


Please help


10 comments:

Kent, Krista and Family said...

You totally make me laugh! I wish I could give you helpful advice on how to diet and I know that is what you are looking for but I'm definitely the WRONG person to ask about this. BUT...I think you are perfect. You have a NICE dang body Michelle. Sometimes I wish I could get back to the way I was before I had my kids. Maybe one day...right?! But I too have issues with eating in moderation AND watching what I eat.

After I had Sawyer (my first) worked out consistently for six months three days a week and only lost six pounds. I realize it had a lot to do with my diet but I know that I won't stick with any sort of "diet" so I don't even try.

I have "heard" that if you chew sugar free gum (or some crap like that...lol) it helps with craving those "untouchables".

I think you are awesome and I don't think you really have anything to worry about but you are A LOT more active then I am so I can understand you're frustration if you are gaining anything. You totally make me laugh! Love ya

Kent, Krista and Family said...

Oh and Good Luck! I'm going to check back to see what others have suggested...for future reference...LOL

Brooke and Justin said...

Michelle, don't be so hard on yourself!! You look great! However, I do know how you feel. Nicole and I talk about this pretty much daily and we still havn't figured out the solution to eating and staying healthy. But when I do figure it out, I will let you know.

Richard and Michelle said...

I'm sorry! I never thought I'd introduce everyone to my crazy side of.... whatever you want to call it, dieting, working out eating.... and I especially never thought I'd do it on a blog. But WHATEVA this is me.
Besides my sisters (I think they're the ones that made me crazy), TELL ME I'M NOT ALONE.

Chelsey said...

Michelle you are crazy...you have always been and always will be gorgeous and perfect. You can wear whatever you want and look great! I could give you my kids for about a month and see if that helps at all, that is what did it for me!!! Good luck girl, maybe avoid some of those "empty" calories (ya know)!

Cody and Meg said...

So I don't really have great advice on what diet you should try but if you want a new hella hard/fun work out you have to buy P90X. Have you heard of it? I had heard tons of good things about it and about 2 weeks ago I finally broke down and bought it. If you want more info let me know but I haven't really changed my diet much since starting it and I have already lost about 5 pounds. But it is the HARDEST workout I have ever done...and if you want it does come with a diet plan.

Brett, Dany and family said...

Hi MIchelle!! I am on the south beach diet and I LOVE IT!!! It is the easiest diet in the world and you feel so healthy. Some of my favorite snacks are celery with low fat cream cheese on it, string cheese on multi-grain crackers, and fruit. Also, I have fallen in love with sugar free candy and no sugar added ice cream. Try it, it is better than you think!! Also, on the south beach, if you have a couple bad days, you just restict yourself until you lose the weight and then you go back to following the diet. Buy the book, it is so interesting and makes soooo much sense! If you ever want great meal ideas, call me, I could give you hundreds!! 801-529-6170.
Love ya,
Danyle

McCall said...

You may have noticed this by now, but I am the worst eater on the planet. I just started counting my calories on this website called sparkpeople.com. It doesn't change the way I eat (unfortunately) but it does make me realize why I can't drop even a single pound! Apparently I eat at least 3,000 calories a day! You know I have no good advice for cooking, or really anything... I'm in the same boat.
If you wanna be super crazy you can get these shots called HCG that basically make your body think it's pregnant and you apparently have no appetite and burn a ton of calories- unfortunately a side effect is that it makes you super fertile so you have to be very careful! It's expensive too- and I think it would be really hard to give a shot to myself. Anywho, those are my thoughts about the issue.

The Kelly's said...

Hey Michelle. I love your neurotic side! :) Can't wait for you all to come down here and we can all pig out with the best of them. Seriously though...for me it's not what I eat...it's the portion size and number of portions. If could just stop eating when I'm full I would feel so much better. But how do I do that when I make cinnamon rolls? Hmm...I don't!
My favorite snack is peanuts with a few chocolate chips. Sweet & salty.

The Kelly Klan said...

Sweetie Michelle...I think this is the question with NO answer, really. No wonder it's a GAGILLION dollar business because hardly ANYBODY can figure it out. My problem is...I like food WAY too much. I'm good about exercising. In fact, exercising is like my Prozac. I definitely feel it when I don't do it. I have heard over and over again, though, that it's 80% what you eat and 20% exercising. Why am I always on the WRONG end of the equation. My perception of the whole issue is...life is too dang short to not enjoy it. I think you have to be careful and conscious. I want to live a long time and be healthy and I know that exercising and eating well will probably help me in that area. However, I also know that I will go STINKIN nuts if I deprive myself. My friend gave me good advice a while ago...be good 80% of the time and eat what you want 20% of the time (same equation as the exercise and eating). That way you are aware of what you're eating but alway indulging sometimes too. Wow...maybe I should write a book. You're adorable, Michellio. No worries...and welcome to adulthood where your body just starts to rebel. It's a beautiful thing.