Sunday, May 24, 2009

At least I finished.....


Ok so I ran/walked the Ogden 1/2 marathon... it was brutal especially since I didn't train. Well that's not true, for 1 week before the race I woke up and ran 3 miles everyday. That's training enough right? I made myself do it because I keep signing up for these expensive races and don't train for them and always bump down to the easier race. (I was initially signed up for the full marathon but whatever.) I'm glad that I at least finished and I had a really good time running the race. I love being at the starting line and the energy that's just bouncing off each other. I did not however like the 2 obnoxious girls wearing a shirt that said "I have rheumatoid arthristis and you're still behind me" First of all I think that's rude. That's not what races are about, I think it's wonderful that you're conquering that battle and running a 1/2 marathon. But it seriously made me feel bad.... I guess I'm a baby, and I'm sure it was just for fun or whatever, but it rubbed me the wrong way.... maybe bacause they beat me?

6 comments:

thebarrusfamily said...

WAY TO GO GIRL!! I love the skirt!

McCall said...

That is so great! You are pretty amazing! Missy somehow got signed up for it the night before and ran the half too~ You guys are a little bit crazy!

Brooke and Justin said...

You did awsome!! Especially for the little training that you did.

Brooke Flint said...

Hey girl. You are awesome I always admire your marathon running. Happy Birthday!! Hopefully your reading this on June 1 because I called and just got your voicemail. Love ya girl hope you have a great day

Brooke Flint said...

Ok so this is Brittany and so was the post before I must have been signed in as Brooke anyways love ya

The Kelly's said...

You don't even look sore in the after shot! You rock.