Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Waiting and waiting.....

I've been waiting and wanting to post about this for a few weeks, but I only wanting to post about it if I had one of those count down things. For some freaking reason when I try to add that gadget it keeps saying it's broken. It's really starting to bug me. Anyway.....
One of my most recent goals is to get back into running, I've started training again and Richard and I both are going to run the Salt Lake half marathon on April 18th. I'm really excited about it because this particular race is my favorite. I ran it in '07 and it is one of the best organized races I've done. The aide stations are great, you run through out the city (which I usually don't enjoy that much) and then the finish line is AWESOME, you end at the Gateway Mall and there are SO many people there you feel like a freaking Rock Star! I really encourage anyone and everyone to come and run it, it's so fun and feels so good when you cross the finish line. It really is such a rewarding feeling. Well, it's rewarding if you've been training and working hard to get there, if you're one of those natural runners or whatever then I don't really care for you or how you feel when you cross the finish line... Or I'm just jealous.

There you have it, that's what's been going on in my life, and as soon as that freaking gadget gets working I'll make a count down to race day. And my birthday of course. (Did my font just change? I didn't do that on purpose... weird)

9 comments:

Larson Family said...

Good for you! Good luck, my race didn't work out! I am still so bummed. My friend got hurt and I was a baby and didn't want to go to St. George alone. Hopefully one day I will still do one.

Richard and Michelle said...

Um hello, do this one with me! We can train together over blog. Seriously it would be cool. This one is only in Salt Lake.....

thebarrusfamily said...

Um... there you go again. I thought you were going to announce that you were pregnant. My heart started beating fast and everything.

Anyway, I want to do it with you now. I started running this last week and have gotten the fever again. So... I'll meet you there.

The Kelly Klan said...

How is your training going? I don't know what my dealio is, but I have ZERO (wait...make that NEGATIVE) desire to do any race this year. Maybe it's cause I'm getting freaking old. I will be there to support you and Richard though. Go YOU!

Richard and Michelle said...

Training is going good so far, I mean I haven't really ran for almost 2 years so it's been tuff. I honestly feel like I've had to start completely from the beginning. I miss when we would all train together (you me and Robb)That was fun.
Kam! I'm so excited that you want to do this race! And I'm sorry you thought I was announcing that I was pregnant, seriously you'd get a phone call from me. And it's not going to happen for quite some time anyway so remember that too...

Shanda said...

I am totally jealous that you get to run. I have this stupid knee problem going on lately and I can't freaking run. It sucks cause I love running. I have tried a brace and everything. I hope you have a blastie! I am so jealous!

Brooke and Justin said...

Too bad you can't get that gadget working. Maybe I could help you sometime. Ya know, cause I'm the pro at these blogs. Good Luck on your race! I'll be thinking of you two.

McCall said...

I saw your mom at my school the other day. I had NO IDEA she was a counselor at WP elementary. That is really awesome. Good luck with your race- like you even need to train.

The Kelly's said...

I love that you change your main picture on your blog as often as you change your clothes. It's like I get to see you another part of your scrap book everytime I get on.

Good luck on your race, you crazy runner you!