Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happenings

Richard watching some kind of game I'm sure. Don't worry, we don't have a pink couch. I do however have a pink sheet that I drape over the couch while watching Elisa's cute little pug. I need to post pictures of her, she and Carlos play all day. I'm a little worried we may have to get Carlos a friend when she leaves (we'll have her for a total of 2 months while she's in Hawaii). I think he's going to be depressed.




We went up to my grandma and grandpa Coopers house to help them with their leaves. They live up on the mountain in Ogden and get SO many leaves.

Nicole is such a sass.

Nicole and Katy bug.

Nicole and gramps. He was so sweet, after we had raked all the leaves he instisted on getting us hamburgers. When I was little he and my grandma would always take me to get a happy meal at Mcdonalds. He's a sweety. I didn't get a picture of my grandma which is a bummer. But I'm sure she would have put up a fuss just like my mom did when I tried to take her picture. Like mother like daughter.


Taylor (my oldest nephew, I can't believe he's 15!) Nicole, Matt (he came all the way from Vegas to help rake, can you believe it? kidding) and Rhead. My mom, aunt Kathy, uncle Craig, Nicole's fam, and Rhead's fam were all there to help too.


One of the football games Utah vs New Mexico. It was freezing. The weather is crazy, on the way to the game it will be hot so all I'll take is a sweatshirt, then when the sun goes down it's SO cold. This has happened to me on more than one occasion, now that there's only 1 more home game left, maybe I'll be prepared.


Ashley is going to cosmatology school and I offered to be her first haircut. I know I'm brave. But she did an excellent job and I know she'll be so successful as a hair stylist. I'm really proud of that girl.


On October 12, my grandma Kelly turned 84. My aunt Louise had a birthday party for her and we got to go. Isn't she lovely. My grandpa Kelly passed away in March of 2008, it's so strange to not see them side by side. But I've been lucky to have both grandparents for as long as I did. While we were there she gave us a painting that my grandpa had done. It's beautiful and Richard hung it up today. I'll have to take a picture of it and post it.



Here's my aunt Judy, uncle Joe, cousin Kristen (my uncle Scott's daughter) her little girl (I don't know her name... ) uncle Howard, grandma, and my aunt Louise. Joe and Judy came from Texas to wish my grandma a happy birthday, I thought that was so sweet of them. I rarely see this side of the family and it was really good to catch up. I need make a serious effort and go see my grandma more often. Or I know I'm going to regret it. Thanks to my aunt Louise for putting the birthday party together, and for taking such good care of her mom.





3 comments:

thebarrusfamily said...

I love your pink couch!! I'm glad you were able to get together with Grandma Kelly and the Coops.

Way to be there.

The Kelly's said...

Love the update. Looks like you have been busy with lots of good things. Love the pic of Ashley cutting your hair. She will be great at that!

Shanda said...

I am pretty sure that you forgot you have a blog. Yep pretty sure that's what has happened. :) not like I'm one to talk LOL